Founded in 1968, Algo Communication Products Ltd. has many decades of experience under our collective belts. Throughout the extensive existence of this company, we have seen the rise of many businesses, and have provided worthwhile contributions towards the success of plenty of entrepreneurs throughout British Columbia. As a result of this extensive tenure, we have borne witness to the ebbs and flows that accompany any growing company as they expand their operation. These observations have, of course, been coupled with the emergence of new technologies, from wireless phones, all the way up to cloud tech innovations.
One thing that we have noted as remaining a constant over these years is the tendency for businesses to outgrow their current systems. In some cases, this is inevitable – as the enterprise expands, so too must the technology that enables its existence and productivity. In some cases, this may not necessarily be a good thing, and companies can actually suffer by employees using their most imperative systems less and less. In today’s world of cloud-integrated phone systems, businesses can take certain steps in order to monitor the use – and usefulness – of their communication arrangements, and then take appropriate steps in the right direction to ensure that they are future-proofing their networks. Here are some helpful tips:
- User Opinions: What do your colleagues have to say about the phone systems that they are using? Do they prefer certain features over others? Thanks to the heightened interconnectivity that this type of technology permits, you should be able to assess the opinions of users with ease. Perhaps the dwindling use of your (expensive) new network is due to a lack of training, or because more and more of your staff are working remotely. Simply surveying the users of these systems can reveal many previously veiled opinions that will make your adaptation to change much easier to grasp.
- What Are The Users Doing?: By checking up on your employees, and actively trying to understand how they use the systems on a day-to-day basis, you may uncover deficiencies in training that are causing them to drift away from the current system. With technology such as Avaya’s digital IP phones, there are often a bevy of features that are under-utilized by the staff. By understanding what people are using – and what they have a tendency to undervalue or completely ignore, you can ensure that the entire business is remaining relevant with their technology usage.
- Audits: While performing regular audits may seem like a strain on resources to some, they can certainly enhance one’s understanding of how the business phone system is being used. Are calls being routed to the right place? Is the system itself running as it is supposed to? No software is perfect, and IT teams exist for a reason. Being more mindful of the back-end of the system is an imperative, and sometimes under-valued feature of using these communication networks in the first place.
- Learn From The Activities: In the time of hardware-based phones, companies would essentially be hidden from the flows of data that would emerge from their usage. Today’s unified communications business phone systems are the opposite, and can provide users with customizable reports. By following and analysing such vital pieces of information, you can perform a myriad of tasks that help shed light on exactly how the system is being used. From checking customer service calls for length and efficiency to determining the availability of your sales representatives, you can not only have a better understanding of the real time operation of your business, but can also plan for the future and prepare yourself to make whichever steps necessary to alter your business model to suit these changes.
- Innovations On The Horizon: At the end of the day, technology is expanding faster than ever before, in all directions. Particularly in the communications sector. After following steps 1-4, you may realize that your system is in fact dated, and will require a re-evaluation. Fortunately, there is a simpler alternative – choose a vendor that does this for you. Rather than having to make the tough upgrading decisions yourself, acquire yourself a partner such as Algo who can educate your employees, provide suggestions, and ensure that you are always equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and resources. This way, you can hope to stay ahead of the game, and, rather than future-proofing your company, you will be causing the competition to re-consider why they are working in the past.
Businesses have a tendency to exist within a world of rapid changes, and it is important that your communication technology is able to keep up with these alterations in structure and practice. By following the aforementioned steps, you can hope to remain ahead of the curve and make the decisions that ultimately benefit your organization as a whole. Algo is proud to assist our clients in such matters, and, if you feel that you are getting more and more concerned about the future, fret not, our experts are but a phone call away.